Marcum LLP offers a great career with exceptional benefits.
There’s a lot to think about when it comes to launching your accounting career. At Marcum, we offer you a world of opportunity, a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
At Marcum, eligible associates receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and a profit sharing plan.
Marcum LLP is seeking an Analyst in its Valuation, Forensic & Litigation Services Group who has detail focused with strong organizational skills to join our national firm in our Chicago, IL office. This position mainly assists in high net worth marital dissolution situations of all kinds, including high-profile cases involving parties with business and financial ties across a wide range of industries. Marcum is seeking a high-energy professional with strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills for this role.
Marcum LLP’s Valuation, Forensic & Litigation Services Group is a leading provider of litigation support, economic damages, financial forensic investigations, business valuation and other advisory services. Our group is led by nationally known and respected experts in a variety of fields from across the county. We have a progressive, forward-thinking valuation and litigation support services practice group that is dedicated to adding to our team with relevant, bold and ambitious talent. As a leader in our industry, we empower employees through a collaborative environment that supports employee career growth and development.
- Develop, organize and compile business valuation on privately held companies and litigation reports largely focused on family law.
- Perform financial analysis work with respect to valuation, forensic accounting and litigation engagements.
- Designing and working with financial models for analyzing financial statements, developing discounted cash flows, market multiple transactions and asset tracing.
- Review of various accounting, financial and legal documents.
- Ability to function independently within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, coupled with an ability to work on team-oriented projects.
- Utilize analytical skills and demonstrates the ability to logically support the accuracy of work completed and conclusions reached.
- Perform research on economic, industry and market trends impacting the specific entity being analyzed.
- Ability to meet deadlines, honor commitments, and multi-task.
- Utilize good judgment when defining objectives and determining appropriate solutions.
- Familiarity with financial statement analysis and business concepts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent financial modeling and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics required
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.